There is a new video on YouTube that takes many of the stats from the Did You Know 3.0 video and adds some new stats. There are some surprising statistics that keep the argument of the new social revolution burning red hot. We are experiencing a shift in communication whether you like it or not. With the video I created the list below of important stats that further support the notion of using social media for business communication:
1. Generation Y will outnumber Baby Boomers by 2010.
2. 96% of Gen Y use social media
3. If Facebook were a country it would be the 4th largest in the world.
4. 80% of companies are using LinkedIN to search for job applicants
5. Boston college quit distributing email addresses to students in 2009
6. There are over 100,000,000 videos on YouTube
7. There are 200,000,000 blogs in existence today
8. Over 100,000,000 blogs post content daily
9. 25% of search results for the top 20 largest brands are user-generated content
10. 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
We are on the edge of a communication transition. 14% of consumers trust advertising… only 14%. Are you ignoring the changing landscape and risking the reputation of your company and brand? Is your PR company talking to you about social media? It is important to remember that new technology will always change the way business operates… and the new technology is here.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Your Social Media Reality Check (marketing-helper.com)
- Iggy Pintado’s Connection Generation: Review (deswalsh.com)
- Working with Blogs, by Steve Raye at Tales of the Cocktail (slideshare.net)
- Lolcats: Building a Media Empire Around ICanHasCheezburger.com – TIME (time.com)