We have talked about the value of turning customers into evangelists when using social media. I wanted to give you a few pointers on how to accomplish the task.
10 Steps to Encouraging Your Customers to Become Evangelists
1. First. Make sure you prepare yourself for the focused effort of turning happy customers to loyal promoters and evangelists. Prepare your mind. Maybe yoga?
2. You have an email list right? Use your email list to make sure you are connected to your customers on the social sites you use frequently.
Importing and Exporting Contacts Using:
Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter, and Plaxo.
3. After you have imported your contacts into the social media sites of your choosing… make sure you add and contact them through the sites.
4. Once you have connected to most of your customers start communicating on a daily basis with them. We are not talking about sending sales information or product information but asking about their day… etc.
5. Create a list of your high level and value customers. It helps to have a list in place to set some goals toward customer evangelists. Start out with 5 people or companies.
6. Set up Twitter Searches for your valued client’s industries or services. For example, if you have an accountant as a valued client make sure you setup a Twitter search feed for accountant or tax advice. When someone ask for advice make sure you reccomend your client.
Disclaimer: You do not have to always monitor the Twitter search but it is good to have around. I know we all have about 5 mins of free time a day.
7. If the client has an event or seminar coming up in the area make sure you share that link with the multitudes of your followers online.
Share it on your Facebook Wall
Share it as a status update on LinkedIN
8. Recommend your client on LinkedIN. Why recommend on LinkedIN? It is simple. If you want recommended by a client on LinkedIN it is always better to recommend first. Do it and see the benefits.
9. Share an exciting story about your client’s business to your contacts. It is important to share the quality information even if it does not relate you your business.
10. Ask for the recommendation. It never hurts to ask. Encourage your best clients and friends to tell YOUR story across the masses.
Remember it is important to give before you receive. If you help your clients become thought leadership in their industries or grow their business using the Internet they WILL become your evangelists.
Points to be noted Kyle, you have given a complete methodology here on how to create evangelists,I would also like to recommend you to read a post from Sean Dsouza at Psychotactics, he has shared some very useful thoughts on creating accidental evangelists and yes some great examples.
Here is the link for ur help http://www.psychotactics.com/blog/branding-accidental-evangelist/
Social Media And Your Client Relationships…It’s a Whole New Ballgame! | GeorgiaMcCabe
[…] 10 Steps to Encouraging Your Customers to Become Evangelists (kylelacy.com) […]