Chris Brogan had a post this morning called 10 Things You Could Do Better Today. It was pretty inspirational to me… on the level of a good pump up in the morning. I have always been appreciative of people who can elicit some type of emotional response in the morning.
I thought I would also give you a list of 10 Things… for all of you small business owners out there who are using social media marketing tools.
1. Start a Facebook fan page for your business. It is a great way to interact with your personal connections on Facebook.
2. Join a local social network. If you are a Indianapolis native… join Smaller Indiana. A local social network is a great way to connect with other like minded people in your geographic area.
3. Write a blog post about another business owner in your location. Give back to your clients. Give back to the community. Prop them up!
4. Comment on 2 blog posts for today… and maybe tomorrow? Keep it rolling.
Two blog post you might want to comment on:
Angels Are Still Investing by David Castor
Reminder from an Anonymous Coward by Peter Kim
5. Send a hand written note to 5 contacts in your social media realm. You will surprise them with the notion. Make sure you pick strategically but still honestly.
6. Respond to three questions on LinkedIN. Never heard of questions on LinkedIN or getting leads from LinkedIN? Check out this link.
7. Send a Direct Message in Twitter to 5 followers and ask them how you can help them today.
8. Send thank you emails to everyone who has posted a comment on your blog in the past 5 days.
9. Make a list of things you need to do, read, or experience in order to make your social media marketing tools work for you!
An example from my list: 1. Read Second Life for Dummies by Sarah Robbins
10. Be as honest and as open as possible with everyone you come in contact with both online and offline.